Friday 30 October 2009

Light Up

Okay before I could get started with my final major project we had a quick 2 week brief called Light Up. The designed piece had to be based around paper, adding colour and other materials if you wished. Alot of people didnt change the paper by cutting or ripping it but just using folds, I on the other hand played with foam board. With my design I was interested in the repitition of a single shape, the square, and the organised chaos of the piece. If one section was removed it would alter the strength, shape and characteristic of the piece. I didnt want this to be a light, but to be lit from elsewhere, and being hung, it spins and creates fantastic shadows around it.


I added the orange so that certain shapes would stand out, but also so that the inner white shapes were encased by them


Different sizes were used, so the small were framed by the large, looking at it from certain angles it could be a three dimension painting, escaping from its frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment