Wednesday 7 October 2009

3rd Year

So I havn't written anything on this for quite a while, so I'll fill you in. I am now in my 3rd year at Portsmouth having passed year 2 =]
My final major project is started and I am looking at graffiti again as I really enjoyed the last brief. However this time I am also looking into the youth culture of today, music that interests me and the clothes people like myself wear. This will all be collected up and I am designing a piece of furniture aimed at young people like me, it will be a contemporary design and will be inspired by the graffiti that I see, and by what interests me.
My dissertation is on its way, again on graffiti (seems to be taking over at the moment), but am looking into past and present graffiti artists as well as graffiti in the art world. This is to be handed in on the 20th January, not long now!
I think the last year and over summer I have realised what I want to do after university, to gain the skills needed to be a furniture designer/maker in an apprenticeship.

No comments:

Post a Comment